Development of individual patient classification systems
We have developed a new software module for special needs in medical controlling, the development of new tariff systems or for quality measurement. This module allows the development of own classification systems for patients, so-called case group systems or patient classification systems. With our software, we want to enable various actors in the health care system to develop such systems according to their own framework conditions and objectives. These can be associations, professional societies, hospitals, insurers, health services research (public health) or authorities.
The classification logic can be based on catalogs from the inpatient or the outpatient setting: ICD, procedures, drugs, other classification systems or tariffs.
Construction kit for a grouper
The decision tree is transferred directly into a medical logic. On this basis a grouper is provided, which classifies and groups the corresponding input data respectively patient data.
- Development of comparison groups for monitoring or benchmarking
Example: Formation of case groups, which allows the analysis of case numbers by department/specialty over more than four years.
- Development of flat-rate tariffs
Example: Development and technical implementation of outpatient flat rates in surgery.
- Development of quality indicators
Example: Annotation of cases with frequent complications for quality measurement
In the development of new tariff systems, we can provide you with broad support thanks to our know-how and experience in tariff development. For example, the tariff organisation OAAT AG (formerly solutions tarifaires suisses AG) is already using our system productively in the development of outpatient flat rates and benefits from eonum’s support.
Parameters and functionalities of the software:
- Visual representation and editing of the decision tree
- Data-based development: Evaluation of all development steps using relevant performance and cost data
- Medical logic (MedCodeLogic) based on ICD, procedures, age, sex, length of stay, and other variables, can be randomly combined.
- Automated ICD and procedures mapping facilitates the transition to new catalogs.
For our counselling and analysis services, we use our own Casematch software. You can use this software too – find out more about it and get in touch with us!